Campfire Chili in a Dutch Oven | Serious Eats : Recipes
- 1 pound cannellini beans, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds pork shoulder (see note) cut into 1- to 2-inch chunks.
- 1 pound raw hot Italian or chorizo sausage, removed from casing (see note)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (see note)
- + 6 more ingredients
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup finely minced cilantro
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely sliced scallions
1 Rinse and drain soaked beans. Heat oil in Dutch oven over hot coals until smoking. Add half of pork and cook until well-browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with remaining half of pork. Transfer second batch to bowl with the first batch. 2 Add sausage to ...