Poblanos Stuffed With Pork And Fruit
- ½ cup dried prunes, chopped
- 8 large poblano chile peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Tomato Sauce
- + 8 more ingredients
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried peaches, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
Place peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 500° for 20 minutes or until peppers look blistered.
Place peppers in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers, keeping stems intact. Make a slit along 1 side of...