Pork Blade Steaks with Nduja and Honey and Arugula Salad
- Nduja is available at some specialty foods stores, Italian markets, and online from boccalone.com. This size of pork shoulder blade steaks may be hard to find at the supermarket, so you may have to ask the butcher to cut them for you.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup coarsely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Large griddle
- 6 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 4 1/2-inch-thick pork shoulder blade steaks (each about 10 inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide)
- 1 5-ounce package baby arugula
- + 5 more ingredients
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces nduja (soft, spicy salami)
Combine 3 cups water, 6 tablespoons coarse salt, and sugar in 15 x 10 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Place pork steaks in brine in baking dish. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours. Remove pork steaks from brine; pat dry. Brush both sides of steaks ...