- 12 small spring artichokes or 5 to 6 globe artichokes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 bunch (10 oz.) spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- ¾ cup grated creamy Havarti cheese (also called Dofino)
- + 7 more ingredients
- 2 oz. prosciutto, sliced thin and cut into small squares
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 2 shallots, minced
Heat the oven to 375°F. Pare the artichokes down to the tender centers (or bottoms if using larger artichokes). Cut them in half. In a medium nonstick frying pan, heat 1 Tbs. of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook about 1 minute. Add the artichokes, lemon juice, water, and ...