Artichoke, Walnut, and Mesclun Salad
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups loosely packed mesclun
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 1/2-inch-thick slice whole-wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
Preheat oven to 375â°F. Brush bread with 1 tablespoon oil and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. On a baking sheet toast cubes in middle of oven until golden, about 5 minutes, and cool. In a bowl whisk together vinegar, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste until emulsified. Add cro...