Avocado, Tomato, and Romaine Salad
- About ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bite-size pieces romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (8 oz.), pitted and peeled
- About 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato (9 to 10 oz.), rinsed, cored, peeled (if desired), and cut into wedges
1. Thinly slice avocado and arrange slices along one side of a wide, shallow bowl; brush lightly with vinegar. Mound lettuce in center of bowl, and arrange tomatoes opposite the avocado. 2. In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons vinegar, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. 3. Pour dressing over salad; ...