Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Pecan Tassies in Cream Cheese Pastry Recipe
A Fruitcake to Love Recipe
Vanilla Pastry Cream Recipe
Choux Pastry Puffs Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Tasting with GregT: Vega, Burg, and TokajReplied
Filus Torrontes (2013)Reviewed
Filus Malbec Reserve (2010)Commented
Bodega Benegas Red Blend Don Tiburcio (2009)Rated
What have you bought lately?Replied
Sottano Cabernet Sauvignon Classico (2013)Rated
Chappellet Winery Cervantes Mountain Cuvee (2011)Wishlisted
Fattoria Dei Barbi Rosso di Montalcino (2011)Reviewed
Fattoria Dei Barbi Brunello di Montalcino (2008)Reviewed
Unpretentious Wine Pairings: Cheese ProductCommented