Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Spam up the gazoo!Replied
Domina Trocken (2009)Cellared
Chateau Argadens Bordeaux Blanc (2014)Commented
Weekday Wines - Post Pictures of your SelectionsReplied
Cocktails recipe and tipsReplied
What have you bought lately?Replied
查尔斯达尔文大学毕业证CDU成绩单Q/微158167775办理澳洲查尔斯达尔文大学教育部真实学历认证学位证文凭Charles Darwin UniversityReplied
Red Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon (2013)Wishlisted
Wine cooler unplugged by installerReplied
Red wine causing leg cramps??Replied