Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports,Driver's License,ID Cards..(firstname.lastname@example.org)Posted
Value Zinfandel $15 and UnderCommented
The Secret to Safely Cutting Wine Bottles for DIY CraftsCommented
Non wine related, my new project...Replied
Dom Y Clerget Volnay Ac (2003)Wishlisted
Basignani Winery Vidal (2004)Reviewed
Birillo I G T (2010)Listed
Birillo Maremma Toscana IGT (2011)Listed
Agicola le Corti Spa Birillo Maremma Toscana IGT (2005)Listed
Ravenswood Zinfandel Napa (2012)Listed