Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Pecan Tassies in Cream Cheese Pastry Recipe
A Fruitcake to Love Recipe
Vanilla Pastry Cream Recipe
Choux Pastry Puffs Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Domaine Grand Nicolet Cotes-du-Rhone (2011)Reviewed
Muirfield Estate Merlot California (2005)Reviewed
Kuhlmann-Platz Gewurztraminer (2014)Reviewed
Thirsty Owl Wine Company Red Moon (2005)Commented
Bernard Faurie Hermitage Bessards/Meal (2009)Reviewed
Manifesto Chardonnay Unoaked (2013)Wishlisted
Porta Vita Rosso (2012)Listed
Werner Schweicher Annaberg Riesling Kabinett (2012)Cellared
Otazu Premium Cuvée Navarra (2010)Rated