Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Godello Wines Have ArrivedCommented
Weekday Wines - Post Pictures of your SelectionsReplied
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
Peju Province Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Rutherford Reserve Estate Bottled (2005)Reviewed
What have you bought lately?Replied
1000 Stories Zinfandel Bourbon Barrel Aged (2014)Reviewed
Lenotti Valpolicella Classico Veneto (2014)Reviewed
Sangiovese IGT (2013)Reviewed