Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc (2009)Rated
Blackwood Lane Merlot (2010)Reviewed
Barefoot Riesling (2011)Wishlisted
Ozv" Old Zin Vines Lodi Zin (2012)Wishlisted
Urban Carignan (2013)Reviewed
What have you bought lately?Replied
Beviamo Dolce Rosso (NV)Listed
The Crusher Wilson Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Clarksburg (2012)Cellared
Domaine Joseph Belland Santenay Beauregard Premiere Cru (2010)Rated