Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Basic Ganache Recipe
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Pecan Tassies in Cream Cheese Pastry Recipe
A Fruitcake to Love Recipe
Vanilla Pastry Cream Recipe
Choux Pastry Puffs Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Coeur d'Alene Cellars Red Blend Washington Switchback Red (NV)Wishlisted
12USD to much markup for Luxury Vineyard Vintage per bottle.?Replied
Mysterious case of Pisoni 2012Replied
Croix de Montceau Saint-Veran (2010)Reviewed
The Great Prosecco SurgeCommented
Menage a Trois MidnightReviewed
Menage a Trois Merlot (2013)Reviewed
Morgan Cotes du Crow's (2012)Wishlisted
Andre Andrieux & Fils Côtes du Rhône Villages Cuvée Jules (2008)Wishlisted
Joel Gott 'No.815' Cabernet Sauvignon (2012)Wishlisted