Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Coconut Rice Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Spicy Salmon & Avocado Tower
Best Wine Deals
Don't Belittle the Box Wine!Commented
Acacia Pinot Noir a By Acacia (2013)Rated
Il Tredici Vino Bianco Frizzante CavazzaRated
Marsala Superiore DOC 'Garibaldi' Dolce (NV)Rated
Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream LiqueurListed
Lock & Key Meritage (2009)Cellared
Casarena Malbec Lauren's Single Vineyard (2011)Cellared
Casarena Malbec Jamilla's Single Vineyard (2011)Cellared
Fiancetto Cabernet Sauvignon (2012)Cellared
Antucura la Folie (2012)Cellared