Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Basic Ganache Recipe
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Pecan Tassies in Cream Cheese Pastry Recipe
A Fruitcake to Love Recipe
Vanilla Pastry Cream Recipe
Choux Pastry Puffs Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Agate & Elm Chardonnay (2013)Reviewed
"Whatever happened to..."Replied
Bastille Day 2016--Special Whatcha Drinking Today editionReplied
Wine Myths: DebunkedCommented
Ateca Atteca Garnacha Calatayud Old Vines (2013)Wishlisted
Marsala Superiore DOC 'Garibaldi' Dolce (NV)Wishlisted
Apsara Sauvignon Blanc Kick Ranch (2015)Reviewed
Chateau Chalon Jean Bourdy Arlay Jura (2006)Rated
Weekday Wines - Post Pictures of your SelectionsReplied
What have you bought lately?Replied