Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Karthäuserhof Riesling Kabinett Eitelsbacher Karthäuserhofberg (2004)Cellared
Non wine related, my new project...Replied
Ripassa Della Valpolicella Superiore Zenato (2009)Cellared
What have you bought lately?Replied
Liberty Creek Chardonnay (2008)Reviewed
Matthew Fox Cabernet Sauvignon California (2009)Rated
Breitenbach Wine Cellars Black Raspberry (NV)Reviewed
Thoughts about wine aerators? Can they replace a decanter?Replied
Snooth App for AndroidPosted