Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Santa Rita Organic Reserva Carmenere (2010)Reviewed
Silvan Ridge Early Muscat Semi-Sparkling (2013)Wishlisted
Txakoli Txomin Etxaniz (2014)Wishlisted
Ameztoi Rubentis Txakoli Rose (2014)Wishlisted
Love-Love: English Wine Featured For First Time at WimbledonCommented
Where Is Wine Your Friend? Ask Uncle Sam.Commented
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
Innocent Bystander Moscato (2014)Rated