Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Over-the-Moon Banana Pudding Recipe
To Make Chocolate Curls Recipe
Basic Cream Sauce (Besciamella) Recipe
Choux Pastry Puffs Recipe
Pecan Tassies in Cream Cheese Pastry Recipe
A Fruitcake to Love Recipe
Vanilla Pastry Cream Recipe
The Lebowski Shake (a.k.a. White Russian Milk Shake) Recipe