Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Joseph Drouhin Beaujolais Nouveau (2014)Reviewed
BenMarco Malbec Mendoza Argentina 2011Commented
Marcoux Cotes du Rhone (2012)Reviewed
Trivento Malbec Reserve (2012)Wishlisted
Terrazas Altos del Plata Malbec (2011)Cellared
Shannon Ridge Wrangler Red (2012)Cellared
Radio Boca Tempranillo Spain (2012)Cellared
Radio Boca Tempranillo Spain (2009)Cellared
Article on Dry FarmingReplied