Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Mcmanus Merlot (2008)Listed
Le Haut-Médoc de Giscours Red Bordeaux Blend Haut-Médoc Grande Réserve (2008)Cellared
Loophole Pinot NoirReviewed
Principato Pinot Noir Provincia di Pavia IGT (2010)Reviewed
Marcarini Barolo BrunateCommented
Newbie starting a wine/beer app to help with menusReplied
How long will a good dry Riesling age?Replied