Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Achaval-Ferrer Mendoza Malbec (2012)Reviewed
Trivento Malbec Reserve (2012)Rated
Little Roo ShirazWishlisted
Graffigna Malbec Reserve Centenario (2012)Rated
Our lucky dayReplied
Aweful wine pairingsReplied
Brutocao Pinot Noir Anderson Valley (2006)Wishlisted
Chateau d'Aqueria Tavel Rose (2012)Reviewed
Roblar Mission Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir (2011)Wishlisted
Prairie Berry Winery Red Blend Red Ass Rhubarb (NV)Wishlisted