Back to Basics! Making a Great Pastry Cream | The Kitchn
- Check out this innovative way of making pastry cream, via Spain -
- I've never heard of making pastry cream with flour, it's always been cornstarch. Is there a benefit/downside to making it with one or the other?
- What kinds of things have you done with pastry cream?
- To make a chocolate pastry cream, melt a handful of chocolate (about 2 ounces) into the pastry cream in the last minute of cooking.
- Slowly pour in the warm milk while whisking the egg-sugar mixture constantly. Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan.
- In one of the mixing bowls, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and thick. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- + 1 more ingredients
- 1 ½ cups whole milk or half-and-half
You also might like
Make-Ahead Ooey-Gooey Sticky Buns Recipe
Let's Make a Date Muffins Recipe
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Searching for a good brandy to use for biscochitosReplied
Red wine causing leg cramps??Replied
Fuedi di San Gregorio Pietracalda Case of 6 Bottles (2010)Listed
Cha du Glana St Julien (2009)Reviewed
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
Moon Curser Afraid of the Dark (2010)Wishlisted
Neapolitan Christmas Dishes and Wine PairingsCommented
What have you bought lately?Replied
Melini Vigneti la Selvanella Chianti Classico Riserva (2010)Reviewed