Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Apricots
- 24 almonds (about 1 oz.)
- 3 oz. plain Havarti, cut into ½- to ¾-inch squares, ¼ inch thick
- 24 dried apricots (about 7 oz.)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 24 toothpicks, soaked in water
- 12 strips bacon (about 12 oz.), cut in half crosswise
Heat a gas grill to high or prepare a hot charcoal fire. Pry open the apricots and put a piece of cheese and an almond into each one. Wrap a piece of bacon around each apricot, trimming as necessary so it overlaps by 1/2 inch, and secure it with a toothpick. Season the apricots all over with pep...