Baking Recipe: Basic White Sandwich Bread | The Kitchn
- David88 - Sure, 1% milk would work fine!
- This maybe a silly question, but is there any reason 1% milk would not work? I assume because skim milk is acceptable 1% could work too.
- Tatterhood - Good suggestion!
- Add another 4 ½ cups of flour, reserving the remaining cup if the dough is sticky during kneading. Stir until a floury, shaggy dough is formed.Using the dough hook attachment on a standing mixer, knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. Alternatively,
- 2 teaspoons active-dry yeast
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Wine pairing recommendationReplied
Stefano Farina BarbarescoScanned
Chateau Senejac (2010)Reviewed
Averill Creek Vineyard Red Blend Vancouver Island Prevost (2009)Reviewed
Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (2003)Reviewed
Château la Grange Clinet Red Bordeaux Blend Premières Côtes de Bordeaux (2007)Wishlisted
La Vielle Ferme White VVWishlisted
Gordon Brothers Merlot Columbia Valley Estate Grown (2007)Reviewed
Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino (2009)Listed