Baking Recipe: Basic White Sandwich Bread | The Kitchn
- David88 - Sure, 1% milk would work fine!
- This maybe a silly question, but is there any reason 1% milk would not work? I assume because skim milk is acceptable 1% could work too.
- Tatterhood - Good suggestion!
- Add another 4 ½ cups of flour, reserving the remaining cup if the dough is sticky during kneading. Stir until a floury, shaggy dough is formed.Using the dough hook attachment on a standing mixer, knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. Alternatively,
- 2 teaspoons active-dry yeast
You also might like
Alabama Pulled Pork Sandwiches with White Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Baked Falafel Sandwiches with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce Recipe
Baked Cornmeal-Crusted Grouper Sandwich with Tartar Sauce Recipe
50% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread Recipe
Hummus and Feta Sandwiches on Whole Grain Bread Recipe
Best Wine Deals
Forza Moscato AmericanListed
Sivas Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon (2009)Wishlisted
Arcanos Cannonau di Sardegna DOC Murales Sardinien Italien (2008)Wishlisted
Justin Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (2011)Rated
Justin Obtuse Port (2006)Reviewed
Justin Vineyards & Winery Red Bordeaux Blend Paso Robles Isosceles Reserve (2011)Cellared
Landmark Pinot Noir Sonoma County Grand Detour (2011)Rated
Landmark Vineyards Pinot Noir Overlook (2013)Rated
Landmark Chardonnay Overlook Chardonnay Wine (2013)Reviewed
Justin Chardonnay (2014)Rated