- 1 cup(s) tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- salt, if needed
- 2 tablespoon(s) water or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- ½ cup(s) grated hard cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) walnuts (or substitute roasted sunflower seeds)
- 1 clove(s) garlic, pressed or minced. Add more to taste; this is minimal.
Place leaves in food processor and chop coarsely. Add remaining ingredients and pulse, scraping down the sides of the container when necessary, until all contents are well blended into a medium-thick paste. Taste the pesto for seasoning and add salt, if needed. Thin with a little water if too t...