Basic Roasted Mushrooms
- 1 lb. mushrooms (cremini or small white), wiped clean, and stems trimmed flush with the cap
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt; more to taste
- 1 to 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 475° F. Line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, toss the mushrooms with enough of the olive oil to coat generously, the salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Turn the mushrooms out onto the baking sheet a...