Basic Roasted Turnips
- ½ tsp. kosher salt; more to taste
- 1 to 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. turnips, peeled and cut into ¾- to 1-inch pieces
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 475° F. Line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, toss the turnips with enough of the olive oil to coat generously, the salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Turn the turnips out onto the baking sheet and ar...