- "Chianti Butter":/recipes/10855, for garnish
- A few handfuls (about 3 to 4 ounces) arugula
- 2 to 3 large onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2-½- to 3-pound) porterhouse steak (2 ½ to 3 inches thick)
Brush steak with olive oil, season well with salt and pepper, and let sit, uncovered, at room temperature for 30 minutes. Position one oven rack in the top third of the oven, a second rack in the bottom of the oven, and heat to 500°F (not on broil). Fill a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with enough o...