Black-Pepper-Roasted Duck Breasts with Grilled Plums
- 4 12-to 14-ounce boneless Muscovy duck breast halves, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 6 firm but ripe Santa Rosa plums or other purple plums
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- + 1 more ingredients
- Ingredient tip: We use Muscovy duck breasts in this recipe because they are tender and full-flavored. Look for them fresh or frozen at some supermarkets or order them at dartagnan.com.
Using sharp knife, score skin of duck breasts in crisscross pattern (cut skin only; do not cut through meat), spacing cuts 1 inch apart. Sprinkle duck breasts on both sides with 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Toss pl...