Broiled Asparagus & Orange Slices with Olive Oil & Shallots
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stem ends snapped off and discarded
- ¼ tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 very thin orange slices, cut into quarters
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
Adjust an oven rack as close to the broiling element as possible. Heat the broiler on high. In a bowl, toss the asparagus spears with the oil to coat and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the shallot slices in a thin layer on one side of a rimmed baking sheet. Put the asparagus in a single lay...