Bruschetta Topping: Warm Herbed Goat Cheese
- 1 recipe Basic Bruschetta for serving
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. fresh goat cheese
- 1 or 2 leafy sprigs thyme for garnish
- 2-½ tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the goat cheese, chopped thyme, and olive oil together in a small bowl until blended. Spread the cheese mixture in a ceramic crock or small gratin dish—no need to get it perfectly even. Drizzle the cheese with a bit more olive oil and top with a few grinds of black pe...