Butternut Squash with Green Chile and Mustard Seeds
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 lbs.), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 serrano chile, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- ½ teaspoon brown mustard seeds
1. Pour oil and mustard seeds into a large frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat, covered, until seeds finish popping, about 1 minute. Add garlic and chile and cook, stirring, until garlic just starts to brown, about 1 minute. 2. Add squash and stir to coat. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and cook un...