Cacio e Pepe
- 1/3 cup Pecorino, finely grated
- 6 ounces egg tagliolini, bucatini, or spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Grana Padano, finely grated or Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5 quart pot. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until about 2 minutes before tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking water. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook, swi...