Caramelized Shallot Butter
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 3-½ Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, finely diced (1/3 cup)
Heat 1 Tbs. of the butter in a small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat until melted. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until deeply browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the thyme. Cool completely. In a small bowl, combine the shallot mixture with the rem...