Cardamom and Orange Panettone Toast
- Meanwhile, combine in medium bowl and blend with electric mixer:½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- ½-inch-thick slices large panettone, cut crosswise in half
- 8 ½-inch-thick slices small panettone or four
1. Mix together on a small plate: 2. 5 tablespoons sugar 3. 1 teaspoon ground cardamom 4. Remove panettone from oven, spread 1 side of each slice with butter mixture, then press into sugar mixture. Bake until topping bubbles, about 4 minutes.