Carrot Top Pesto
- 1 cup/20 g lightly packed carrot leaves (stems removed)
- 6 tablespoons/90 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- ¼ tsp. kosher or fine sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted (see Notes)
- ¼ cup/30 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese, preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. In a food processor, combine the carrot leaves, oil, garlic, and salt and process until finely minced. Add the pine nuts and pulse until finely chopped. Add the Parmesan and pulse just until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.