Cauliflower Gratin with Queso Cotija
- 12 ounces cotija cheese, shredded (see notes)
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound fresh poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and cut into strips
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 2 heads cauliflower (3 lb. total), rinsed
1. In a 6- to 8-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Meanwhile, trim and discard leaves from cauliflower; separate heads into florets. Slice florets 1/4 inch thick. Add sliced cauliflower to boiling water and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold...