Celery Endive Slaw
- 2 Belgian endives
- 2 ribs of celery, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 1 ½ ounces blue cheese, preferably Maytag, crumbled, plus more for garnish
1. Cut celery crosswise into 3-inch pieces, then slice each piece lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips. Halve each endive lengthwise, cut out core, and slice each half lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips. 2. Whisk together blue cheese, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large bowl. A...