Chile-Lime-Tequila Compound Butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons tequila (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed "lime":/ingredients/44 juice (from ½ medium lime)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or serrano chiles, seeds and membranes removed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (¾ stick), at room temperature
Place butter in a medium bowl and, using a rubber spatula, soften until it’s very spreadable. Add remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Place compound butter on a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll into a log and twist the ends to seal. Place butter in the refrigerator to harden.