Chile Relleno "Soufflé"
- ½ pound queso fresco or jack cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Hot sauce and/or salsa (optional)
- 1 ½ pounds whole green chiles (Anaheim or New Mexico)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- + 3 more ingredients
- 4 corn tortillas (6 in. each), cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, separated
1. Preheat broiler. Arrange chiles in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil until charred on all sides, turning chiles as necessary. Wrap in foil and let sit 15 minutes. Remove charred skin, stems, and seeds. Chop chiles and set aside. 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in a large frying pan ...