Chorizo Mushroom Queso Dip
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), a drizzle
- ½ pound mushroom caps, quartered
- 1 pound Mexican melting cheese or Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, diced
- 1 bag corn tortillas or blue corn tortilla chips, any variety
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ pound Spanish or Mexican chorizo, diced or casings removed and crumbled
Preparation Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Heat the EVOO in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and sauté until brown and the fat is rendered. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until just tender, 6-7 minutes. Transfer the dip to a small casserole or baking dish, top with cheese and b...