- 1 ½ pounds beets (1 bunch), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound shiitake or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 ½ pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 ½ pounds baby carrots, peeled (or 1 1/2 pounds carrots cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
Heat oven to 450° F. Place the vegetables in two small roasting pans. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, and vinegar. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat well. Cook until tender, about 1 hour, stirring halfway. Add the mushrooms during the last 10 minutes, toss to coat w...