- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, chilled
- 1 cup (packed) coarsely grated Gruyère cheese (about 4 ounces)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 400°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. 2. Bring 1 cup water, butter, and salt to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking until butter melts. Add flour; stir rapidly with wooden spo...