Coconut-Corn Ice Cream with Brown-Sugar Syrup and Peanuts
- Finely grated lime zest
- 2 13.5-14-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk
- An ice cream maker
- 1 cup salted, roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ears corn
- Kosher salt
- + 5 more ingredients
- ½ teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- Canned unsweetened coconut milk can be found at Indian, Latin, and Southeast Asian markets and many supermarkets.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
Toast coriander seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; crush with the bottom of a small pan or with a mortar and pestle. Stir sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. A...