Creamy Fennel Mashed Potatoes
- 3 medium fennel bulbs-halved lengthwise
- 0.5 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 pound(s) baking potatoes
- 2 pound(s) Yukon Gold potatoes
1. In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water, add salt and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes over moderately high heat until fork-tender, about 25 minutes. 2. Meanwhile, set a steamer basket in a large saucepan with 1/2 inch of boiling water. Add the fennel, cover and steam over moderate hea...