Creamy White Frosting
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract, orange extract, or almond extract
- 1 pound (1 box) confectioners' sugar, sifted (4 ½ cups)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Electric mixer
1. With a mixer on medium speed, beat together the shortening, vanilla extract, and lemon extract in a medium bowl for 30 seconds. 2. Slowly add half the confectioners' sugar, beating well. Beat in 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in the remaining powdered sugar and enough of the remain...