Crisp Duck Legs with Sautéed Potatoes
- 2 Tbs. finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 duck confit legs
- 1 lb. baking potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup duck fat (or 6 Tbs. vegetable or olive oil and 2 Tbs. unsalted butter)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
: Put the potatoes in a large pot of cold, salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as a full boil is reached, test for doneness—the potatoes should be tender when pierced with a knife tip. If necessary, continue cooking at a lively simmer over medium heat until done. Immediately ...