- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 1 baguette, cut into 16 slices, or 8 slices country bread
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 16 anchovy fillets, preferably marinated fresh fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the broiler. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast until light golden brown on both sides. While still hot, rub each slice with a garlic clove to impart a delicate flavor. 2. In a bowl, mix the ricotta, black pepper, and oregano and smear casually over each bread slice. T...