Endive Spears with Sweet Potato, Bacon & Chives
- 2 medium heads Belgian endive
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice (about 1-½ cups)
- 3 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 slices bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
Cook the bacon in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until it has rendered some of its fat, about 3 minutes. Add the sweet potato and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the sweet potato is tender and the bacon starts to crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in 2 Tbs. of the chive...