Espresso Filling Recipe
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1-½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-½ teaspoons hot water
- 1-½ cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
1. In a small bowl, mix espresso powder and water until smooth; cool. In a large bowl, beat the Mascarpone cheese, confectioners' sugar, cream, vanilla and espresso mixture on medium speed until creamy and slightly thickened (do not overmix). Spread between cake layers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.