Fava Bean Toasts: Bruschetta con le Fave
- ½ pound shucked fava beans
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 slices Italian round peasant bread
- ½ bulb wild fennel, finely chopped
1. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Cook the fava beans in the boiling water until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and refresh in and ice bath. Drain again on paper towels, then peel the beans. Place the beans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse, drizzling ...