Favas and Ricotta on Buttermilk Crackers
- 3 pounds fava beans in the pod
- Fine sea salt
- 16 large buttermilk or whole-wheat crackers
- 1 cup ricotta
- About ½ cup thinly sliced peppermint leaves
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Shell fava beans (you will have about 2 cups). Boil beans in salted water 2 minutes, then rinse with cold water until cool. 2. Peel tough skin from each bean by tearing it open at its round end and popping out the bean. 3. Spread crackers with a thin layer of ricotta and top with favas and min...