fermented hot chili sauce recipe
- 3 pounds fresh chili peppers (Scotch bonnets, Jalapenos, Serranos etc.)
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- vegetable starter culture dissolved in ¼ cup water, or ¼ cup fresh whey
1. Snip the stems from the chilies, but leave their green tops intact. 2. Combine all all ingredients in a food processor, or mince by hand, until chopped to a fine pasty texture. 3. Spoon the chili paste into a glass mason jar and allow it to fermented, covered, at room temperature for five to...