Fettuccine with Summer Squash and Rosemary Butter
- Accompaniment: freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pound dried tagliatelle or fettuccine
- 1 pound small zucchini (about 5)
- 1 pound small yellow squash (about 4)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1. Fill a 6-quart pasta pot three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for pasta. 2. Trim vegetables and cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4-inch sticks. In a deep 12-inch heavy skillet melt butter over moderate heat and cook vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, stirring gently, 2 minutes. A...