Fig and Grape Preserves
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup Zinfandel or other dry red wine
- 1 cup diced dried Calimyrna figs
- ¼ cup sugar
Place first 5 ingredients in medium sauce-pan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and increase heat to medium; simmer until liquid is reduced to syrup, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl....