Five-Spice Glazed Nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ to 1 teaspoon "Chinese Five-Spice Powder":/recipes/10570
- Peanut or canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 cups mixed unsalted, untoasted nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, and cashews
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add nuts and blanch for 30 seconds. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. While nuts are still hot and slightly wet, add powdered sugar and toss to coat. Continue stirring and tossing until all the sugar has “melted” into the nuts (if bits of unmelted suga...