- 1-1/3 cups (4.5 oz.) finely ground blanched almond meal
- 2 cups (8 oz.) powdered sugar
- 3 to 6 drops of food coloring to match your flavor (optional)
- ¾ cup filling, such as lemon curd, chocolate ganache, buttercream, chestnut spread, Nutella, peanut butter, or jam
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 3 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
Combine the powdered sugar and almond meal in a bowl and mix together thoroughly with a whisk or fork. Pass through a medium-coarse sieve to lighten and aerate the mixture (which makes it easier to fold).In a glass measure, add enough egg whites to reach halfway between the 1/3 cup and 1/2 cup ma...