Fried Chickpeas with Sage
- 40 to 50 medium fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- Olive and canola oil for frying
Fill a large heavy-bottomed pot fitted with a deep-frying thermometer with 3 inches of oil (1/2 olive, 1/2 canola) and heat to 375°F over medium heat. Meanwhile, dry drained chickpeas thoroughly with paper towels. Combine 2 tablespoons of the flour, the salt, and the paprika in a large bowl and...