Fried Onion Rings
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 large onions, cut into very thin rings
1. Preheat oven to 200°F. Heat oil in large saucepan to 350°F. Mix next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add 1 handful onion rings; toss to coat. Remove onion rings; shake off excess flour. Add to oil; cook until brown, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and drain. Keep wa...