- Canola or peanut oil for frying
- 1 cup grated Manchego cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
1. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Toss in the sliced onion and let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 3. In a large bowl, season the flour with salt and pepper. 4. Pour an inch of oil into a deep skillet and heat it to 350 degre...