- 8 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 large or 4 small cloves garlic (½ oz.)
- 1 tsp. green Chartreuse (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt
Peel the garlic cloves, halve them lengthwise, remove the germs (the sprout in the center of each clove), and coarsely chop the cloves. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt. Using the flat side of a chef’s knife, smear and mash the garlic and salt together to form a smooth paste. You should have about 2 tsp...