Grandma's Red Hot Southern Sweet Potatoes
- 3 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups cinnamon red hot candies
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows (optional)
1. Place the sweet potatoes into a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook over medium heat until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain water, and place potatoes in a large casserole dish. 2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 3. In a medium bowl, stir tog...