Green Pasta, Mediterranean Style
- 2 pounds durum-wheat semolina
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound spinach, boiled, salted, and drained
- 1 ounce extra-virgin olive oil
- + 4 more ingredients
- 2 large sprigs basil, leaves removed, plus leaves for garnish
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes, skinned and seeded
- ½ pound eggplant, diced and coated with flour
- 1 large tomato, skinned, seeded, and sliced crossways into 6 "stars"
1. To prepare the pasta, put all ingredients in a bowl, and knead together. Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to rest for approximately one hour. Roll out the pasta to the thinnest setting on a pasta machine and lay out to dry for about 5 minutes. Cut the pasta into strips, or feed through a pasta c...