Green Salad with Olives, Manchego & Romesco Sauce
- ¾ cup romesco sauce; more if you like
- ½ cup brine-cured black olives, such as Kalamatas or Niçoise, or dry-cured Moroccan black olives, rinsed and drained
- 12 cups bitter salad greens, such as frisée, curly endive, or escarole
- 12 good-quality anchovy fillets, rinsed under cold water and patted dry (optional)
- 1 oz. manchego or another aged Spanish cheese, such as Mahón, shaved with a peeler
Put the greens in a salad bowl or on a platter. Toss with the romesco sauce to lightly coat (add more if necessary). Arrange the anchovies, if using, on top and sprinkle on shavings of cheese and the olives, or plate and garnish each serving individually. Have a pepper mill and extra romesco sauc...