Grilled Cheddar and Bacon with Mango Chutney
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Cheddar (preferably Colby or Longhorn)
- 8 (¼-inch-thick) slices whole-grain bread
- 8 cooked bacon slices, halved crosswise
- 4 teaspoons mango chutney
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Turn over 4 slices and spread with chutney, then divide cheese and bacon among them. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up. 2. Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot, then cook sandwiches, 2 at a time, pressing...